Your Firm For Efficiency And Success
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Car Accident FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

How Long Will My Case Take?

The length of time for each car accident injury case depends on the amount of treatment required. If you have minor injuries, the cases are settled quickly. However, you do not want to resolve a case involving bad injuries quickly because you need to heal completely and get coverage for the full extent of the cost before you settle on anything.

How Does Insurance Work?

You need to inform your insurance company of the accident and cooperate with your own insurer so your bills get paid. It is best to only discuss your need for treatment and not the details of the accident. The insurer pays your bills and sets up a file for your accident.

Typical insurance policies will cover damages up to the liability limit previously contracted when you purchased insurance. If another party was at fault for your accident, you must file a claim with the other party’s insurance company. If your claim is denied, it is best to get an attorney to help you fight the denial.

How Do Medical Bills Get Paid?

Your insurance company pays for your medical bills under your Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) coverage. If you were involved in an accident caused by the negligence of another driver, file a claim with the other party’s insurance company. You may also contact a personal injury attorney to discuss whether filing a lawsuit against the negligent driver to pay for your medical bills is appropriate.

Will I Be Paid If I Am Out Of Work?

If another driver caused your car accident, you have a right to recover damages for earnings or lost income due to your accident injuries. If you were discharged because you could not work due to your medical condition, you can sue the other driver for loss of income, wages and benefits. You could be entitled to the amount of income you would have earned if you were not injured.

You will need to provide proof of your medical condition caused by the accident along with proof of your discharge from work. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to guide you through the process.

Call Us If You Have Been Injured In A Car Accident

At Rogan & Associates LLC, our attorneys can help you evaluate insurance settlement offers to see if they are reasonable. We provide a free consultation and case evaluation, helping you make well-informed decisions whether to proceed with negotiating a settlement or taking your case to court to recover the benefits you need. Contact us online or call our Hackensack office at 201-342-6404 to speak with a personal injury attorney.